19th IALA Conference in Incheon, Republic of Korea, 28th May to 2nd June, 2018
The first meeting of the International Conference Steering Committee agreed on the theme for the Conference: Successful voyages, sustainable planet – A new era for Marine Aids to Navigation in a connected world. The call for papers was developed and issued in December 2016, for submissions to be received from IALA members by 31st March 2017.
The Steering Committee identified 11 topics to be addressed by the Conference:
- Risk management, quality and audit
- Digital communication, data and information management
- Maritime domain awareness and single window
- Marine Aids to Navigation in a developing technological and behavioral environment
- Future trends
- Resilient PNT
- Visual aids
- Energy efficiency whilst maintaining reliability & service to the mariner
- Climate change adaption for Marine Aids to Navigation
These topics however are provisional and will be revised according to the abstracts received.
The Industrial Members Committee is working hard at organizing the industrial exhibition where IALA industrial members display their latest products and technologies and meet with their customers. On top of this regular exhibition our Korean hosts, very keen on highlighting the importance of the maritime heritage intend to have an exhibition on lighthouse heritage during the whole Conference period. All members are welcome to take part with artefacts and other valuable historical elements.