This page contains a list of Action Items for the IALA Dictionary Editors.
For Dictionary Editors:
- Please consult the draft Dictionary Edit Procedures for further guidance.
- If you need printed copies for your editorial work please consult Dictionary PDF Books for Editors
Major (primary) Action Items
- Check all terms in the Dictionary, and mark pages appropriately (see Dictionary Edit Procedures)
- Check all terms in chapter 2 for equations and mathematical symbols
From PAP19: There then followed a discussion about the need for translation of terms, which was in principle agreed but with reservations about the accuracy of translations and the lack of translation resources. The general feeling was that the master language is English and that any translation was optional for members who cared to undertake it.
- Omar 20100720: Write a page on the master language of this dictionary
- Omar 20120519: Extend the number of pages displayed in alphabetical index to 500
- Omar 20120520: Create an index of numerical ID's ( X-X-XXX )
Individual pages in need of editing
See the Category 'Needs Editing' below: