From International Dictionary of Marine Aids to Navigation
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Alternative term: Cradle

A shaped block used to steady and secure an object.

Note :

In Great-Britain, the term buoy chock refers to a chock shaped to fit a buoy body.

Please note that this is the term as it stands in the original IALA Dictionary edition (1970-1989)

International Association of Marine Aids to Navigation and Lighthouse Authorities - AISM