Roll damping device

From International Dictionary of Marine Aids to Navigation
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Device fitted to a buoy or Lanby to reduce the amplitude of rolling motion.


Various devices used include :

  • the tail tube
  • the skirt
  • the stabilising ring

Please note that this is the term as it stands in the original IALA Dictionary edition (1970-1989)

International Association of Marine Aids to Navigation and Lighthouse Authorities - AISM