From International Dictionary of Marine Aids to Navigation
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Alternative term: Cill

The lowest horizontal part of a frame, typically that of a frame to a door or window.

Note: The French term for a window sill is appui.

Please note that this is the term as it stands in the original IALA Dictionary edition (1970-1989)