From International Dictionary of Marine Aids to Navigation
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Alternative term: Wale (USA)

A horizontal beam used to connect sheet piling or timber boarding retaining an excavation, to distribute the load.

Please note that this is the term as it stands in the original IALA Dictionary edition (1970-1989)