Flange (of a girder)

From International Dictionary of Marine Aids to Navigation
Revision as of 01:30, 25 February 2009 by Oferiks (talk | contribs) (1 revision)
(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to navigation Jump to search


The transverse plates of a girder, connected together by the web.

Note: The German term Gurt is used for timber beams of I-section, and in statics. The term Flansch is used for I-section steel beams.

Please note that this is the term as it stands in the original IALA Dictionary edition (1970-1989)

charge current


International Association of Marine Aids to Navigation and Lighthouse Authorities - AISM