Slewing guy

From International Dictionary of Marine Aids to Navigation
Jump to navigation Jump to search


Alternative term: Vang (USA)

The tackle leading from each side of the top of a derrick for steadying purposes and for slewing.

Please note that this is the term as it stands in the original IALA Dictionary edition (1970-1989)