Ports Victoria has overarching responsibilities for the channels and port waters of Victoria’s commercial ports.
Its role includes:
• providing vessel traffic management services and maintaining channels and navigation aids in designated commercial ports
• ensuring the availability, continuity, and high standard of key water-based services in Victoria’s commercial trading ports
• deploying, supervising, and supporting harbour masters in port waters and in non-port State waters as required
• contributing to the strategic planning and development of individual commercial ports and the ports system as a whole
• facilitating new trading opportunities and the growth of existing freight movements through the ports system
• providing maritime advice and expertise to local port and waterway managers as required
• developing the cruise shipping industry in Victoria
• managing Station Pier, Port Melbourne, as Victoria’s premier cruise shipping and interstate passenger ferry facility
• providing information and education services about the Victorian ports system to stakeholders and the community
• coordinating the port development strategy for the Port of Geelong
• ensuring a balanced approach to the needs of each Victorian port that does not unfairly focus on the larger port of Melbourne.
Name Nicholas Ellul
Position Marine Manager / Harbour Master
IALA will not be held responsible for the information displayed on this page